Senior Librarian/Shift Leader
- Part-time position
- Dynamic role
- Great team and benefits
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an innovative Council seeking to make a positive difference in the community you support? We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, experienced and suitably qualified Senior Librarian/Shift Leader to join our team on a part-time basis.
Located on the Lower North Shore, our leafy suburb has a vibrant and diverse village atmosphere. We aim to provide "best value" community services and facilities whilst promoting the principles of ecologically sustainable development.
If you are open to fresh ideas, committed to progressing new initiatives and driven to provide the very best service to our community, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for Library operations as a Shift Leader including staff supervision and customer service. As a Specialist Librarian, you will also contribute to the provision of quality library services to our community.
The Senior Librarian/Shift Leader will be required to work every Sunday (5 hours) and some ad-hoc hours during the week as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree or Graduate Diploma in Librarianship/Information Science or equivalent qualification, providing eligibility for Associate membership of ALIA
- Demonstrated experience in managing a Library branch or specialised service
- Demonstrated commitment to high-level customer service
Salary range - between $42.22 to $46.45 per hour + superannuation, (dependent on the skills, qualifications and relevant experience of the suitable candidate).
What we Offer
Our Library is located close to shops, cafes, an aquatic centre, and a gym. In addition, you will enjoy other generous benefits the Council has to offer such as:
- Annual performance bonuses and salary review
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Active Social Club
- Varied lifestyle benefits programs including a discounted gym membership.
Please read the Position Description for the role and address the selection criteria in your online application.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 20 OCTOBER 2019 at 10PM
Lane Cove Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke-free workplace.