Community and Cultural Events Assistant
- Dynamic role
- 35hrs per week
- Great team and benefits
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an innovative Council seeking to make a positive difference in the community you support? We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, well-organised and experienced Community and Culutural Events Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis.
Located on the lower North Shore, our leafy suburb has a vibrant and diverse village atmosphere. We aim to provide "best value" community services and facilities whilst promoting the principles of ecologically sustainable development.
If you are open to fresh ideas, committed to progressing new initiatives and driven to provide the very best service to our community, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
You will be responsible for assisting with the hands-on delivery of a range of exciting events within our community. Helping to coordinate suppliers, performers, volunteers and members of the community, your positive can-do attitude will be key to the success of our busy events schedule.
The successful candidate will have:
- Training or equivalent experience in arts and cultural development, events management or similar discipline;
- Experience in delivering public events to tight budgets and timeframes; and
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as required.
Salary range - between $1,147.30 to $1,262.00 per week + superannuation, (dependent on the skills, qualifications and relevant experience of the suitable candidate).
What we Offer
Our offices are located close to shops, cafes, an aquatic centre and a gym. In addition, you will also enjoy Council's range of generous employee benefits such as;
- Flexible working hours providing you with work/life balance
- Annual performance bonuses and salary review
- Active Social Club
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- Varied lifestyle benefits programs including an employee wellness program and discounted gym memberships
Please read the Position Description for the role and address the selection criteria in your online application.
For further information about the role, please contact Amy Wilson - Cultural Programs Coordinator on 9911 3594.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 20 OCTOBER 2019 AT 10PM
Lane Cove Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke free workplace.