Program Officer - Bushland Connections
- 22.8 hrs per week (3 days per week)
- Great team and working environment
- Your continued development is our priority
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an innovative Council seeking to make a positive difference in the community you support? We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, experienced and suitably qualified Program Officer - Bushland Connections to join our team on a part-time basis.
Located on the lower North Shore, our leafy suburb has a vibrant and diverse village atmosphere. We aim to provide "best value" community services and facilities whilst promoting the principles of ecologically sustainable development.
If you are open to fresh ideas, committed to progressing new initiatives and driven to provide the very best service to our community, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
Reporting to the Coordinator Bushland, you will be responsible for fostering a community that cares about its bushland and waterways, understands the basic mechanisms by which it survives, and shows by actions and attitudes demonstrating the need to protect, preserve and enhance the resource.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years Bush Regeneration experience
- Degree in Natural Areas Restoration & Management or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of local indigenous plants and noxious/environmental weeds
Salary range - between $832.44 to $915.66 per week + superannuation, (dependent on the skills, qualifications and relevant experience of the suitable candidate).
What we Offer
Our offices are located close to shops, cafes, an aquatic centre and a gym. In addition, you will also enjoy Council's range of generous benefits such as;
- Annual performance bonuses and salary review
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Varied lifestyle benefits programs including an employee wellness program and discounted gym memberships
Please read the Position Description for the role and address the selection criteria in your online application.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2020 at 10PM
Lane Cove Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke-free workplace.